[Scribus] Creating PDF forms whose data can be saved with acrobat reader

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Mar 4 00:25:42 CET 2008

Maciej Hanski wrote:
> It cannot even be done with Adobe Acrobat (full version), you would have
> to use  Adobe Reader Extensions[1][2]
Looks like it works in Acrobat 8.
> Somebody could of course look into one of those "enabled" pdf forms,
> find the subtle difference and try to implement these features in other
> software, but I presume  Adobe lawyers would not simply watch in silence.

It's not that easy. The feature is fully documented, but requires a
certificate signed by Adobe's private key for Adobe Reader to honour it.
It'd be necessary to extract the signing key from Acrobat or another
enabled product.

--
Craig Ringer