[Scribus] Scribus' manual in Italian

silvio grosso grossosilvio
Sat Mar 22 14:03:31 CET 2008

Hi Ale,

I thank you very much for your quick answer.

As far as I concerned I don't have any preference regarding the chapters to translate.

The only problem is that I can only work on a windows environment, more precisely windows xp home edition. Don't get angry I know it's sucks :-)
I tried Ubuntu Gutsy with Virtualbox 1.5.2 but it failed to install.
Besides, on my laptop, even the dual boot with Ubuntu Gutsy doesn't work!
I know I can use a live cd but, in my opinion, it's not the best  option to work.

On my computer I am using Scribus version 1.3.3.11.
Maybe you are writing a manual concerning the 1.3.5 version of Scribus?
My only concern is that, in that case, It would difficult, to me, to take the screenshot from the software (and to try the new options: e.g LaTex).
On top of that, I never installed a software starting from the source binary so I haven't a clue about how to install on my computer the 1.3.5 version of Scribus.

In my previous translation of the gvSIG's manual (around 370 pages) me and other 4 Italians worked with OpenOffice writer.
Nevertheless, I do presume you prefer to create the manual using Scribus?

If there are no objections, let me know how can I get in touch with Cristoph as well.

Best regards,

Silvio

P.s: I wrote this mail in English but, if you prefer, we can write privately in Italian.

      Inviato da Yahoo! Mail.
Tanti modi per restare in contatto con chi vuoi.
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/mail/overview/index.html