[Scribus] 2 questions / hand made flattening

D. R. Evans doc.evans
Thu Mar 27 17:36:34 CET 2008

Richard said the following at 03/27/2008 05:57 AM :
> Hello, i ve' been following this thread, and i would like to comment my
> own experience, it may help or it may not, but at least my try.

I'm going to post a definitive list of my experiences when I have finished
experimenting :-)

(I'm currently waiting to receive the hardcopy from the scenario in which I
pasted a PNG into a frame but printed it in PDF 1.3.)

The weirdest thing I've found so far (and it's 100% consistent) is that
until one puts ISBNs on the cover, all the print runs are perfect. For some
reason, adding the ISBN seems to be the trigger for weirdnesses to happen
elsewhere on the cover.

Anyway, I'll probably run one or two more experiments, which will take a
week or two, and then post a complete listing of my results.

And no, I don't expect them to make a whole lot of sense ... but at least
it will document my experience of the combination of using Scribus to
generate one-piexe covers for lulu. It is a shame that it doesn't all work
the way that it should; generating the covers (and checking them) turns out
to be a very disproportionate amount of work.

  Doc