[scribus] Scribus on 'modern' machines

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi at gmail.com
Fri May 2 16:47:16 CEST 2008

Hi John,

On 5/2/08, John Beardmore <John at t4sltd.co.uk> wrote:
> ...  I'm now looking at upgrading to a dual core 2.4GHz machine with 4 gig of
> faster memory. ...

Though I don't know how to do it using Linux but, if you're using
WinXP, you can distribute each process' load equally on ALL the cores
from the Task Manager (just right click on any process in the task
manager and you'll see the option) OR you can also allocate processes
on a per core basis (same option just remove the check from the cores
that you want to allocate to other tasks than the one you're
focusing).

Lastly, I'd recommend that you upgrade to Core 2 Due or Quad Core - or
get a motherboard that you can upgrade to a Quad Core processor - if
processor performance is important to you, that is.

I'd suggest that you visit :
     toms hardware . com
     sharky extreme . com
     hardware central . com

I haven't visited any of these websites for a number of years. So
sorry, if any of these are not working. But you'll sure find relevant
material there.

--
Asif