[scribus] How to hyphenate?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri May 2 18:09:43 CEST 2008

On Friday 02 May 2008 09:19:45 am Gregory Pittman wrote:
> John Culleton wrote:
> > After I put text into the story editor, how do I cause it to be
> > hyphenated? I have tried clicking on the hyphenate selection in
> > the story editior and outside the story editor when the text
> > block is sellected etc.  Is this a global setting that must be
> > set before the text block is created?
> >
> > The instructions in the online manual are too terse to be useful
> > to me.
>
> Hyphenation is off by default. In the main window, click Extras >
> Hyphenate Text with a text frame selected to turn it on for that
> frame. You can also set your default behavior in File > Document
> Setup > Hyphenator, or File > Preferences > Hyphenator.
>
> Greg

> D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
>              http://www.doteasy.com

I did the frame bit and nothing happened. But when I changed the
preferences for hyphenation I found that I did not have any language
choices, which leads me to believe that there is a hyphen file
missing. I have Open Office installed.  Is that the source for the
hyphen file or should I download one elsewhere? What would be the
file name for (American) English?

Thanks as always for your guidance.

--
John Culleton