[scribus] [Scribus] text with gradient

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sat May 3 00:42:36 CEST 2008

This is an old thread, and I've been trying to to exactly this (create
letters that have gradients):

Christoph Schäfer said the following at 05/30/2007 06:36 AM :
> Am Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2007 02:00 schrieb Helge Hielscher:
>> Hello,
>>
>> at
>> http://www.kde-apps.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=9911&file1=9911-1.
>> png&file2=&file3=&name=Scribus there is the word Scribus with an horizontal
>> gradient. How has it been achieved?
>> I've tried to convert the text "Scribus" to outline, but I have
>> to ungroup the letters to apply a gradient. What am I missing?
>>

> 1. Convert letters to outlines
>
> 2. Item > Combine Polygons
>
> 3. Apply Gradient in the Properties Palette

I must be doing something wrong, because I have:

0. Created a text frame and inserted the letters I want.
1. Converted the letters to outlines
2. Hmmm.... I can't Item | Combine Polygons because that item is greyed out.

I looked in the wiki in the hope that there was a more detailed tutorial on
how to do this, but I couldn't see anything.

  Doc