[scribus] [Scribus] text with gradient

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat May 3 18:13:47 CEST 2008

D. R. Evans wrote:
> My suggestions would be:
>
> 1. Make it a whole lot more obvious how to find that page. (What seems
> obvious to me: searching on "gradient" was no help at all, and led me to
> believe that the entire topic was absent. Doing it again, I see that
> actually it is there... at item #14, behind stuff like GSoC, and well off
> the bottom of the initial screen, so although "search" found the "Text
> Gradients" article, it's not actually likely that someone would have the
> patience to read down the list far enough to discover it.)

There is this page: http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Index
I'll add some more pointers to it from HowTos and Tips and Tricks.
> 2. Detailed comments about the text on that page:

Check again, see if you think it's better:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Text_Gradients
> [what does "one kind of gradient possible for all letters" mean? My natural
> reaction is: "well I want to apply only one gradient to each letter. Why
> would I ever want to apply more than one gradient to a letter?".]
>
> "use the gradients in Properties > Colors as desired" sounds fine... except
> that the way that the gradient works in Properties | Colours is very
> puzzling, and there should be a link to a page that explains exactly what
> the little red and blue triangles are, and why I get more of them if I
> click, and how to get rid of the additional ones.

I've also added a new, separate page (since this has more use than just
your specific need):
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Color_Tab_and_Gradients

It's also worth mentioning that our official Scribus manual is nearing
completion, with proceeds from the sale of this printed manual to
benefit the Scribus project.

Greg