[scribus] Getting rid of extraneous font

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed May 7 14:36:29 CEST 2008

Asif Lodhi wrote:
> No. Basically, I haven't used "Times" _anywhere_ in my document and it
> is showing up in the Available Fonts list. After reading your hint, I
> guess that if I remove the front from "Fonts to embed" listbox then it
> will not get embedded but the adobe reader will search for the font on
> the local hard disk and substitute another similar font for the
> "Times" nonetheless - even though it wouldn't be embedded in the
> document.
>
> I just do not want "Times" in the list of available fonts in the first
> place. I don't know where it's coming from but somehow it has gotten
> into the "Available fonts list". So I don't want the font in the list
> at all.

I don't  think there should be any overhead from Adobe Reader "looking
for" the font. If you're not using it, it won't show up anywhere.

If you load the SLA file into a text editor, you can do a search and
replace with "Times" (make sure you get the name exactly right)
substituted with one of the fonts you do have -- again, get the spelling
right.

Again, I think it's unnecessary, since it's not hurting Scribus, your
file, or Adobe Reader.

Greg