[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 2, Issue 13

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Thu May 8 02:40:24 CEST 2008

<snip>
will not get embedded but the adobe reader will search for the font on
 > the local hard disk and substitute another similar font for the
 > "Times" nonetheless - even though it wouldn't be embedded in the
 > document.
I just do not want "Times" in the list of available fonts in the first
 > place. I don't know where it's coming from but somehow it has gotten
 > into the "Available fonts list". So I don't want the font in the list
 > at all.
</snip>

Yep I had this one too.
What I did was to create a new font folder, in Linux called
/home/username/.fonts which hides the folder. Without the dot the folder is visible.
Don't know how to do it in Windows.
Put all the fonts I need for Scribus into that hidden  folder and direct the
Scribus font list to that folder and dissassociate the list all other  folders.
Roger