[scribus] re washed out printout

darryl dnbarg at yahoo.ca
Thu May 8 07:07:32 CEST 2008

Hi Terry,

It's likely that your printers, certainly the HP (if it's an inkjet), are designed as RGB printers.  If you're seeing your images look a little washed out on the screen as well, it's likely because you have colour management turned on. Rather than mucking with the settings, turn it off entirely by deselecting that main checkbox on the color management document setup page.

The reason the pdf works is that the default pdf export is in RGB colour space.

The whole colour management thing is still a third water mystery to me. I keep thinking I should be able to work in RGB easily with the right management setting, but I haven't figured it out yet.  I haven't used Scribus to go to a commercial, offset printer yet, so it's all been fine when I turn colour management off.  I know, this doesn't sound like the wise answer, but it's been functional so far.

darryl