[scribus] Adobe Reader does not print Scribus pdf

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Thu May 8 08:32:12 CEST 2008

Moin,

on my new machine, with Suse 10.3 and the latest Adobe Reader installed,
I experience a strange thing: Scribus pdfs aren't printed, i. e. they
are there but just stay blank pages. Adobe Reader will show the pages
on-screen, but it neither prints them directly to a printer nor sends
them to kprinter.

For our church's monthly newsletter, I use Scribus for layout, then make
a pdf of it, load it into Adobe Reader, print it into a ps-file, then
let it be made up by psbook and psnup, and finally send it to kprinter.

This was doing well on the old system, but here I had to use Kpdf to
print the ps file. There is nothing wrong about Kpdf, it ran well,
though the gray values all became rather pale.

Is there any known bug in Adobe Reader, or some inconsistency between
Scribus pdf printing and Adobe Reader?

Thanks for all hints.

Rolf