[scribus] Right translation

Pier Luigi Cinquantini (katamail) plcinquantini at katamail.com
Sun May 11 12:53:30 CEST 2008

Je domenica 11 maggio 2008, Thomas R. Koll skribis:

> It converts the characters to graphic objects with nodes.
> E.g. if you use only a few chars of a font then you can save space
> with that
> BUT in your acrobat reader you cannot select and copy those graphic
> object anymore
> because they are no characters anymore.

Clear, thank you.
Why when I embed a font it goes straight away to the window "Fonts to outline"
and not to "Fonts to embed"?
And does this explains "fonts to outline"?:
"Subset all fonts into the PDF. Subsetting fonts is when only the glyphs used
in the PDF are embedded, not the whole font. Some fonts like Open Type can
only be subset, as they are not able to be embedded into PDF versions before
PDF 1.6."

Pier Luigi