[scribus] Calendar Scripts

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun May 11 23:11:12 CEST 2008

Mike Morris wrote:
> For reference, I use Adobe InDesign, and found a script (Java Script) that
> will place a calendar (for example, one month) into a text box within an
> InDesign document.  The calendar can be updated on a monthly basis, and text
> can be added to each day.  I tried using this script with Scribus, but it
> did not work.  I find this calendar feature extremely useful.

The CalendarWizard script is actually quite versatile. Even without
changing the script, try this:

Make your calendar, choosing a page size which will approximate your end
resulting text box. Uncheck the box for making an image frame. Choose
your month, and other calendar features. Note that you can choose a font
and its size along the way.

Create the calendar page. Now, select all of the calendar frames, then
Item > Group.
Now that you have them grouped, you can resize the calendar to the
precise dimensions you need, and also within Properties > Text, you can
alter the font as desired for the whole calendar at once. Now copy your
calendar and paste to the newsletter or other Scribus document you wish
to put it into.

I think with practice it will give you everything you need, and really
quite quickly, since once you find a calendar size and font that works,
you just plug that in as you go and then just group, copy, paste.

Greg