[scribus] Nomenclature- Templates and Masters - English and German

Mike Morris twriterext at gmail.com
Tue May 13 02:53:22 CEST 2008

I am probably a minority of one, but I would like to point out that this
discussion on nomenclature might very well be getting in the way of
productizing Scribus (assuming that is what the development team wants to
do).  Everyone seems to have their own definitions of the terminology under
discussion.  I submit that the issue is not "a debate about innovation vs
standards" or  a need to find an exact scientific definition.  There is a
large user community that is familiar with the definitions of master pages
and templates as they are used by other professional DTP applications.  Make
use of that knowledge to finish the development of Scribus and allow current
and potential users the benefit of the excellent work already done by the
Scribus team.  I further suggest that it is time to stop designing and to
define a production release.  Spend some time on improving the Help files,
and you will have a truly valuable and competitive product to be proud of.