[scribus] Adobe Reader does not print Scribus pdf

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Tue May 13 08:35:09 CEST 2008

Thomas Zastrow schrieb:
> Rolf-Werner Eilert schrieb:
>> Moin,
>>
>> on my new machine, with Suse 10.3 and the latest Adobe Reader installed,
>> I experience a strange thing: Scribus pdfs aren't printed, i. e. they
>> are there but just stay blank pages. Adobe Reader will show the pages
>> on-screen, but it neither prints them directly to a printer nor sends
>> them to kprinter.
>>
>> For our church's monthly newsletter, I use Scribus for layout, then make
>> a pdf of it, load it into Adobe Reader, print it into a ps-file, then
>> let it be made up by psbook and psnup, and finally send it to kprinter.
>>

> Hi,
>
> why don't you print directly from Scribus into a PostScript file?
>
> Best,
>
> Tom

Äääh - hm :-O

Maybe just because I didn't think about it? Or maybe I once tried and
didn't succeed. Or just because everyone here usually says "make a pdf
and print that instead of printing directly"? Printing directly at least
does not have the same results on my printer here, some elements seem to
be on wrong position etc. But that was on the old machine, I'll try on
the new one again.

Thanks for that hint!

Rolf