[scribus] re washed out printout

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu May 15 13:28:39 CEST 2008

Terry Todd wrote:
> Greg,
>
> See my original post in this thread.  Printers in this thread means
> I tried a Xerox Phaser 8560 and an HP 9850 with the same results
> as exporting to a PDF with Output Intended for: set to Printer,
> ie. washed out.  If the local printers are dependant on their own
> settings it appears odd that they all work with other programs but
> not scribus.  Yes, I have tried various color management settings
> to no avail.
>
> >From what I am gathering here is that scribus does not work printing
> directly to a printer.  Exporting to a PDF and then printing is
> what most people that use scribus do to work around this "feature".
> Is this correct?

Scribus can print directly, and does a pretty good job, but I don't know
that you can rely on the best resolution and color management printing
directly with Scribus, rather than a PDF. Peter Linnell should know more
about this.

btw, noticed your picture is on the Kentucky River -- I'm in Louisville.

Greg