[scribus] re washed out printout

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Fri May 16 18:42:42 CEST 2008

Terry Todd wrote:
>> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:54:15AM -0400, Henry Hartley wrote:
>> >
>> > That being said, when I loaded your SLA file and printed it
>> > directly, it came out looking exactly like the darker of the two
>> > supplied PDF files (with the exception of the slanted picture).
>> > So, no, I'm not seeing this problem.  This was with version 1.3.4.
>> > I see that you tried turning off color management without any
>> > improvement.  That's what I would have suggested.  I still think
>> > it's likely an RGB/CMYK issue, though.  When you turned off color
>> > management, was that in Preferences or Document Settings?
>>
>> If your test print of my file came out like the darker pdf file
>> (scribus-test2.pdf) then you are seeing the exact same problem I
>> am seeing.  I would expect the printout to come out in full color
>> like the first pdf file (scribus-test1.pdf).

No, to be clear, printing your SLA file directly from Scribus 1.3.4
produces a print remarkably like scribus-test1.pdf (the darker, richer
of the two).  Not like scribus-test2.pdf (the lighter, washed out
version).  I am NOT seeing the same problem you are seeing.  In fact,
I'm am not seeing a problem.

--
Henry