[scribus] Hyphenation problem

Axel Bojer axelb at skolelinux.no
Sun May 18 23:05:24 CEST 2008

Hello!

I hope someone can help me with this. I have installed the latest
1.3.3.11 (self compiled, AMD64, Kubuntu 6.10), and everything works as
it should --except one important thing: Scribus can't find my
hyphenation files!

I have looked in
File -- settings -- Hyphenation (or whatever the English names of this)
and the automatic hyphenation is on, but in the left list (Language:)
there is not shown one single alternative for languages, as it should.

I searched the wiki and the mailing archive, and found this advice:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Herk%C3%B6mmliche_deutsche_Silbentrennung_in_Scribus

"Kopieren Sie die Datei anschließend im Installationsverzeichnis von
Scribus in ~/lib/scribus/dicts."

I have done that too, but without success. I have also tried to log in
as a different user ant to remove the .scribus folder, but still without
  luck. (The folder .lib did not exist, so I created it along with all
the subdirectories).

I have looked on my system to find out where the hyphenation files are,
and this gave me:
# slocate hyph_en.dic
/root/scribus-1.3.3.10/scribus-1.3.3.10/scribus/dicts/hyph_en.dic
/root/scribus-1.3.3.10/scribus/dicts/hyph_en.dic
/usr/lib/kde4/share/kde4/apps/koffice/hyphdicts/hyph_en.dic
/usr/local/lib/scribus/dicts/hyph_en.dic
/usr/share/apps/koffice/hyphdicts/hyph_en.dic
/usr/share/scribus/translations/dicts/hyph_en.dic

It seems to me that all the needed folders are filled with the right
files, so why does'nt it work?

I have also installed inorwegian myspell-nn myspell-nb aspell-no, and
these are recognized in other programs.

Any hints would be appreciated :-)

Best regards
Axel Bojer