[scribus] re washed out printout

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Mon May 19 16:02:01 CEST 2008

Terry Todd wrote:

>> I would agree with you but there is such a drastic difference that
>> there is obviously some problem with scribus here.  Fiddling in
>> gimp shouldn't be required.

I agree with you that this is not an issue that should be fixed by
editing the image.  I'm not quite ready to blame Scribus yet although
that's certainly a distinct possibility.

You say it printed correctly on the HP C5180 from 1.3.3.11.  Did you (or
are you able to) print to that printer from your previous install?  I
still think this is a printer issue or at the very least some sort of
RGB to CMYK conversion thing.  The postscript / non-postscript printer
issue sounds promising.  Unfortunately the only printers I have to test
this on is an HP LaserJet 4650 and 4700D.  It prints fine on them.  Are
you sure you have the latest drivers for the printers where it didn't
work properly?

Sorry I can't be any more helpful.  Here's something I wonder about.  If
you make an image in CMYK and put it in a new Scribus document, will it
print properly where the RGB version fails and visa versa.

--
Henry