[scribus] Font

Hirwen HARENDAL harendalh at hotmail.com
Sat May 24 12:43:38 CEST 2008

> From: capparis at free.fr> Subject: Re: [scribus] Font> Cedric Sagne a écrit :> > > Passing on a 20 USD expense in your global invoice is not> > > going to make you less competitive to your client.
** It sings magnificently well to my ears and shows a work as
he must be made in a serious profesionnal way...
John Beardmore a écrit :> > A brief look for Armada Regular suggested that it was certainly more> > expensive than that, and one site had the whole Armada family for some> > hundreds of pounds.> >> > While I fully agree that font designers work should be rewarded, I'm not> > sure that a single font family should cost as much as an whole operating> > system.
Pierre Marchand a écrit:> It’s not a question of reward, it’s economy here. And I’m a bit shocked to > read on this list that ~40USD for a professional grade typeface is more than > it should be.
** As Pierre Marchand writes it, it's not only a question of reward. Make fonts
takes several time and explains why they seem so expensive...
But expensive by comparing them with what? For the rest, It's a choice do
at start: Use commercial fonts and respect the law, or use free ones (if
commercial use is permited).
Faites vous de nouveaux amis grâce à l'annuaire des profils Messenger !