[scribus] Feedback on tabs, fonts and font color/size needed

Hedley Finger hfinger at handholding.com.au
Tue Nov 11 03:10:36 CET 2008

Mike:

> Is a note in the intro stating: "Quoted material is formatted with a
> light brown font color" adequate?

When I looked at the page, I assumed it to be material written by you.
If it is indeed a quote, you need to acknowledge the copyright owner,
either by a credit line underneath in teeny tiny type or by an
acknowledgements page that gives the details of each copyright holder
and then a list of page numbers on which their material appears.

If you don't acknowledge the owner, then, ahem officer, we appear to be
at a crime scene and the perp is a plagiarist.  But if you revise or
reword it substantially, then you have a paraphrased sidebar, the
copyright is yours, and the owner of the original phrase does not have
to be acknowledged.

As a way of indicating a sidebar, I like the brown colour!  I'd do
something about those deep indents, though, especially if you have some
one- or two-line paras.

Regards,
Hedley

--

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Fax. (call phone first)
Mob. (cell) +61 412 461 558
Email. "Hedley Finger" <hfinger at handholding.com.au>