[scribus] Vector in PDF ?

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Nov 13 18:29:19 CET 2008

On Thursday 13 November 2008 10:52:08 am Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:
> 2008/11/13 John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com>:
> > There are horses for courses. TeX offers music typesetting, but I
> > use
>
> I typed a lot (well... not so few) with MusixTeX; for some reason
> i use lilypond now -- that's not a problem at all :-)
>
> I can use lilypond-book->latex -- i really _use_ it -- that's ok,
> i'm quite happy
> (pstricks is/are great, too), but surely i need a program like
> Scribus/QXP/etc.. (sorry -- nothing to compare, Scribus is better;)
>
> So, if this problem (not the problem really) with "eps by lilypond"
> in scribus document caused by lilypond's eps -- great, i will start
> to learn how to manage colours with littleCMS, will continue use
> The GIMP and, probably, convert images with tifficc (or will try to
> use Krita, never tried)... So, i'll switch
> to Linux completely. (I wouldn't like my "books" to become worse
> thought, surely).
>
> If, actually, "i have missed or messed something" (mt) -- the
> picture is even better :-)
>
> Now, seriously, -- thank you all who makes Scribus!!
> Seriously, honest.
>
> > the shareware program Mup.  I'll experiment with importing Mup
> > Postscript files into Scribus.  One problem will be going from ps
> > to eps first.
>
> Interesting. Please, tell the results :-)

A multiple page eps did not survive importing into Scribus. But a
single page mup produced document could be imported properly in
either ps or eps form.  There was a warning message about the font
Times Roman but it seemed to have no effect on the output.  I
exported the file from Scribus 1.3.5 to pdf 1.4. The resulting file
displayed and printed clearly.

Scribus imports eps or ps files into a graphic item. Graphic items are
by their nature single page items. So a multiple page eps or ps file
produces hash.

I will post the mup source file and the Scribus produced pdf on:
http://wexfordpress.com/tex/holywalsh.mup
and
http://wexfordpress.com/tex/epstest.pdf

--