[scribus] Feedback and ideas needed

Mike Breiding mike at WildWonderfulWV.us
Fri Nov 14 17:00:02 CET 2008

John Culleton wrote:

> I downloaded the pdf NOV-13 and looked at it.
> I spotted two typos on a quick glance. In the phrase "In 1896..." the
> I in In is bolded for some reason. If you mean to use a versal then a
> more distinctive one is needed.

Got this figured out - I think.
I had the document printed and saw the problem you mention above - and more.
The reason I could not see the offending text was my screen resolution.
Once I maxed that out and zoomed in to 1600% I could see the bold "I".

I generated a PDF in Scribus and I did not see this problem.
But it did more than double the size of the PDF from 8 to 17 meg.

I did screen shots/crops of both the Scribus and Acro 5.0 PDFs.
As you can see there are more problems than just the bold "I" in the
Acro 5.0 PDF. Larger font size and choppy text as well.
Screenshot:
http://epicroadtrips.com/scribus/collect/ss_compare.jpg

Comments?

Thanks,