[scribus] Missing Text Import Filters?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Nov 22 20:16:11 CET 2008

Nicholas Hasser wrote:
> I've been using scribus on Windows for a few years to produce a small
> (6 page) monthly newsletter. I'm currently using version 1.3.3.12. I
> want to move scribus to my Mac OS X (10.4.11). I've installed the
> latest 1.3.5svn from the .dmg.
>
> I have a number of text filters set up to automatically apply
> paragraph styles when I import text, however, the filters have
> disappeared when I open the .sla on my Mac.
>
> Is this an issue of the filters being stored in a separate file, or an
> issue with incompatibilities between 1.3.3.12 and 1.3.5svn? Can I
> somehow get the filters from 1.3.3.12 on Windows into 1.3.5svn on my
> Mac, or do I need to recreate them?
on perusing our manual on this issue I find this:

"Note that currently text filters are not document-specific and are not
saved with the document, but rather with your Scribus settings. "

So it would seem that this is in your .scribus directory, but I'm not
sure where. The Scrapbook is not version-specific, but there are other
files which are, such as scribus135.rc and scribus13.rc.

Since I don't have any text filters on this computer I can't be of more
help tracking this down, but perhaps you can investigate these files on
your computers.

Tsoots may be the one who ultimately can give the best answer.

Greg