[scribus] Still the cut-off

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sun Nov 30 15:58:07 CET 2008

>> I think what is happening is that Scribus is cutting off printing at the
>> margins.

> I'm not so sure. To give an example in simple terms. This week I had
> an A4 landscape, divided into to A5 pages, margins all around 15 mm.

The point here is, I think, that when printing under Windows, the printer
driver tells the application the "printing margins", so the application
will only have to send data that is really printed.

So what I can imagine happends is that either does the driver not report
margins correctly, or Scribus interprets the information incorrectly.

When printing under Linux, the applications in most cases just send
postscript straight to the driver and the driver has to take care of
clipping what can not be printed.