[scribus] toolchain question

Gergely Buday gbuday at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 09:46:14 CEST 2008

Hi Scribus experts,

Newbie questions. I would like to create a press-ready black and white
pdf document with crop marks. I have the original document in Word
format. I read at

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Export/Import_capabilities_of_Scribus,_OpenOffice.org,_Inkscape,_GIMP,_and_Krita

that importing Word is possible. Will I be able to create the above
described pdf document with Scribus?

An alternative would be to LaTeXize the sources - create encapsulated
postscript and import that into Scribus. My concern is that according

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Imposition

crop marks are not a feature yet. What is the state of the art?

Which would produce better results, using the original Word file or a
LaTeXized version?

Best Wishes

- Gergely