[scribus] New to publishing, Scribus, and this list

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Thu Oct 16 18:13:14 CEST 2008

Mike Breiding wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I just fired up Scribus this morning and spent some time getting the
> feel of it.

[snip]

> But my first question is:
> Is this do-able for a newbie? Or am I nuts?
>
> Thanks,
> -Mike

Hi Mike,

There is a recent tutorial posted at:
http://www.oliveroot.net/Scribus/Getting_Started_With_Scribus_2008/

The tutorial is available in OpenOffice format, in either 'Letter' or 'A4'.
There is also a zip file which contains all the files used in the making of the tutorial.
The tutorial takes you through the steps of creating an 8 page fictitious magazine.

It will help you get the hang of Scribus and get you up to speed quite quickly.

Blessings,

Nigel