[scribus] pdf import

Julian Robbins julian.robbins at q-par.com
Thu Sep 4 13:40:13 CEST 2008

>> >Is there a reason that Scribus handles PDF like that? Having a call to
>> >Ghostscript translating the PDF to PS instead of pixels and placing it
>> >would not have been much overhead, so I wonder why it is done like that.
>>

> the answer is simple:
> it was much easier to do it that way, since ghostscript is doing all the
> work!
>
> but: the devs are already working on it and 135svn already has some sort of
> vector import of pdfs!

Another way to do this, is to use the 0.46 version of Inkscape, which
can import PDF's really really well, then save as a svg file. Then
import the SVG file into Scribus. Then in theory you will still keep
your vectors from the PDF ..

You may have to play with the group/ungroup options in Inkscape to see
the PDF imported properly before exporting.

--
Kind regards

Julian Robbins