[scribus] Can't select objects [1.3.5svn]

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Wed Sep 24 04:16:16 CEST 2008

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Matt Gushee wrote:
>> Hi, all--
>>
>> I am attempting to lay out a book using Scribus 1.3.5 (build ID
>> C-C-T-F-C1.6.4) on Linux, and have encountered a serious problem as
>> the document grows.

> Some generic comments:
> 1.3.5svn is known to be slow, and this will worsen as a project gets
> quite large, whether images, text and images, or even just text.

OK, though slowness per se is not the issue--as I guess you noticed.

> Even in earlier versions, it is recommended to break up a large project
> to smaller ones of no more than (about) 30 pages each.

"Even" in earlier versions? Assuming your words are carefully chosen,
that implies that 1.3.5 is *slower*. If so, that's very bad. As books
go, 160 pages isn't particularly big, and 30 is tiny. I really hope
there is a solution to that problem on the horizon.

Anyway, if there's no simple fix, I suppose I can split the book up a bit.

--
Matt Gushee