[scribus] can't use ghostscript

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Sep 24 15:20:19 CEST 2008

Eric wrote:
> Submitted on 09/24/2008 - 03:47
> Submitted by anonymous user: [208.83.168.191]
>
> Submitted values are
>
>   Your contact information:
>     Name: Eric
>     Email Address: enamotor at delhitel.net
>   About your Scribus program:
>     Version: 1.3.3.12
>     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>     Build Date:
>   Your operating system and CPU:
>     Type: Windows
>     Version: 2000/XP
>     CPU type: 32bit  Intel/AMD (i386)
>   Your request content:
>     Subject: can't use ghostscript
>     Message:
> Thanks for your help . I downloaded the newest ghostscript and newest
> scribus and keep getting a no ghostscript error on startup and cant
> get EPS files . My external tools shows ghostscript and I installed
> gimp as the image program . What's up and is there another alternative
> . I am very new to this so I could use detailed instructions . Thanks
> again , Eric  The tutorial said to use ghostscript with a "c" in the
> exe. file name . I didn't see that and used the lasted available
> appropriate to my platform .
Not quite sure why we're seeing this as a big problem, most don't have
an issue.
Go here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1897&package_id=108733
get the gs863w32.exe, run it to install ghostscript.
After you have installed Scribus, *then* find the .exe with the "c" in
it for the entry in File > Preferences > External Tools. Then restart
Scribus.

Greg