[scribus] Manual (thanks) and 1.3.5

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Wed Apr 1 01:41:31 CEST 2009

Gregory, Christoph, et al:

Manual arrived in Port Townsend (Olympic Peninsula) Washington, yesterday.
Many thanks.

It is unfortunate that so much (13.50Cdn) of what was paid went for
shipping. Air mail was used, but apparently not that effectively. I've
often had books from the UK arrive much quicker. Future efforts might plan
on making sure that you guys (or the project) get a bigger share of the
pie. U.S. book rate is cheap and reliable enough.

Also, Craig writes, that "1.3.5 is too different in too many ways."

My need for eps has prevented use of 1.3.3.x and I have been working with
1.3.5svn (Jan 18 2009).

So, I'd appreciate some advice on using the manual with software that it
doesn't apply to ;)

I'm tickled silly to have Scribus - it has to be one of the most
accomplished pieces of open source work, or programming in general - so
take my comments in that regard.

Rather that generate excess cortisol (a big issue for my over-active immune
system), if some page in the wiki (or somewhere) could be developed, at
some point in your travels, to highlight 1.3.3 vs 1.3.5 differences, I'd be
especially grateful. I promise I'll still buy the next version of the
manual, but some transitional clues would be especially helpful.

Also, it appears that 1.3.5svn for Windows is still the Jan 18 2009
version, but I think that from what I have read here that later versions
for other OSs have been issued. Any idea when a later Windows 1.3.5svn will
be ready?

Thanks again for a beautiful manual.

Barry