[scribus] Manual (thanks) and 1.3.5 [to Christoph]

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Wed Apr 1 21:03:15 CEST 2009

Christoph,

I've reported my eps problems here over the past few years. Some forks just
haven't allowed for importing my eps files, which are generated by software
that I have developed: my program generates various types of vector
graphics and then I print them to file to create the eps. They all open
fine in GSView, though GSView does report some errors. (finding resources
to interpet and debug ps errors has always seemed to me to be one of the
greatest unsolved mysteries of programming ;) My take on this is that there
are few files that GSView doesn't find some anomalies in, but that might be
my less informed opinion.

I believe that I posted a sample of one of my files in Mantis some time ago.

Basically, I had been waiting/hoping for Scribus to evolve, since there
were some earlier forks that did work.

When I reported my problem again this past January 20, Gregory Pittman
commented about the infinite varieties of eps files and suggested that I
try 1.3.5, and it has worked for me.

You can find a detailed description of my issues in my posting of