[scribus] (no subject)

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 19:38:47 CEST 2009

Concerning fonts documentation talks about true type fonts but makes no
mention of open type fonts. I have an open type font from Adobe and pretty
sure it is a good quality font. It seems to work fine in my documents as I
have used it. I'm not doing anything so far for high end printing but for
screen viewing PDF.

When I go to make a PDF and select the font tab in the Save As PDF dialog
none of the fonts can be placed in the Fonts to embed field. They only
appear in the Fonts to outline field. I don't want the fonts to be outlined
for online viewing so when I select each one and click the arrow button that
points to the Fonts to embed field above they are removed from the Fonts to
outline field. The obvious thing must be the fonts.

I want to be able to embed and subset the fonts. I couldn't see any way to
do that in Scribus so my work around is opening the resulting PDF in Acrobat
9 Professional Extended and running a Preflight Fixup that embeds and
subsets the font there by making for a smaller size.

I'm working with both 1.3.3.13 and 1.3.5 versions.

Steven