[scribus] Formula in 1.3.5 (bug)

OM malex at scribus.info
Tue Apr 7 20:45:17 CEST 2009

* John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> [2009-04-07 08:31:44 -0700]:

> On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 09:25:27 +0200
> "a.l.e" <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> dijo:
>
> > hello john jason,
> > > I neglected to add that the corners of the brackets fail to print, and
> > > the text inside is pixelated. I think the whole formula is being
> > > rendered as a very low res bitmap.
> > >

> > if you're using a current build of 1.3.5svn you can try to enable the
> > experimental "embed pdf" feature.
> >
> > if do not wish to test that, when exporting, you can also tell scribus
> > to let ghostscript rasterize the pdf with a higher resolution.
>
> I have:
>
> Scribus version 1.3.5svn
> Build ID: C-C-T-F-C1.8.0-64bit
> Using Ghostscript version 8.63
>
> If the embed pdf feature is in this version, where is the button?
>
> If not, is there a way to install the version that has it on Intrepid x86_64?

If you installed this package from our archive (see
http://www.scribus.net/?q=debian for more details) then PoDoFo, which is the
actual library handling PDF embedding is enabled. You can check in your package
manager to see if you have libpodofo0 installed as that could only come from our
archive. I'm putting out a fresh build of scribus-ng (1.3.5) with podofo
enabled, of course, into our archive in an hour or so from now, so you could
install it to be certain.

Regards,

Alex