[scribus] Formula in 1.3.5 (bug)

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Apr 8 09:41:23 CEST 2009

hi john jason
> My work requires hundreds of formulas per document, so I need something
> relatively quick and easy that also gets me good output. If anyone has
> any other suggestions, please speak up!

i don't know the details of your work, but if the formulas are indeed
the main part of your work and you wish to work with free software, i
guess you should consider the option to learn -- and use -- latex (or
tex or any other alternative tex(like) engine which has already been
discussed in this list).

(la)tex is not the tool of choice if your work is focused on "graphical
layout", but it's still the best you can find when you want a very good
layout and there is (almost) no way around it if your work implies
several formulas per page.

it's free software, but requires some dedication when learning.

you can do it also with scribus, but it will require some (or much, if
you're not lucky) effort from you and you have to be aware that -- afaik
-- you are a pioneer in this field!

have fun
a.l.e