[scribus] Newbie Questions About Spreads

michael crane mick.crane at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:07:11 CEST 2009

2009/4/9 wingsgroup <techsupport at wingsgroup.org>:

> I am new to DTP and Scribus and needing to get a project done in the next 2.5
> weeks. (I'm probably crazy!) Anyway, I have searched, but not really found
> any good answers to my questions. My project is actually a homeschool group
> yearbook and I am wanting to use two-page spreads for the section dividers.
> It will be a picture across the pages with text running across. How do I go
> about this without losing the text and making the picture look funny? I used
> single pages for the setup and just put the picture and text right across as
> I was designing it visually. I didn't do a lot yet because I realized that I
> needed answers to these questions first. I read somewhere about bleeds and
> so I did make my pages slightly bigger (the printer suggested .25 inches).
> Someone suggested using margins for the gutter, but I am afraid that I might
> get some white space showing. I would appreciate any help you can give!

Probably you need to see a book already bound like you will get. mark
a line on the pages where the limits are for what you can see easily
near the inside then dismantle the book and see where that is.
Text shouldn't be a problem to position but maybe you have to choose a
picture carefully or cheat it so nothing important is buried in the
gutter.

regards

mick