[scribus] Sugestions needed

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Apr 13 06:04:18 CEST 2009

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 20:22:41 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> I need to create a couple hundred simple formulas like this in a 130
> page document. Some pages have 15 formulas or so, and some have none.
> Here is an example (but pretend the brackets are solid):
>
> [ +something  ]
> [ - nothing       ]
> ] +anything     ]
>
> The above is an example of a three element stack. In reality the
> number of items varies from one to eight.

<discussion snipped>

> 6) Some better idea that someone on this list has.
>
> I am hoping that (6) turns out to be the killer solution. :)

Why don't you use postscript to create the brackets? below is a
postscript file that gives a right bracket, and I will leave it to your
reading of postscript to do other images.

It can, once inserted into the document, be stretched or shrunk to your
hearts desire.

Save it as rbracket.ps and import it into a doucument

=======================cut=================================

%!

/inch {72 mul} def
newpath