[scribus] Sugestions needed

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Mon Apr 13 06:38:20 CEST 2009

Am Montag, 13. April 2009 05:22:41 schrieb John Jason Jordan:
<snip>
<I won't reply to the uninformed rant in detail, sorry!>

> 4) Ditto the above except use OpenOffice.org's Math utility. Except OOo
> can't export to EPS, so print to PS, then place the PS as a vector into
> Scribus.

Wrong!

> 5) Ditto the above except use LyX for creating the formulas, and save
> to PS.
>
> Better solution because it is less buggy. But it is a pain to specify
> the font I need. And I can't get it to save to PS using XeTeX (needed
> in order to specify the font I need), although someone told me it can
> be done.

Why don't you read the LyX/LaTeX documentation?

Honestly, your monologues on the list, most of which seem to be based on a
refusal to use the hundreds of resources out there, in connection with your
use of one of worst distributions for desktop use of Scribus or any other
Qt-based program, are becoming an annoyance.

I really don't want to be impolite, but if you took the time to just follow
the hints you received, and actually _read_ some documents, you'd be able to
reduce the traffic significantly.

All of us are happy to assist each user of Scribus as good as we can, but if
our hints, links and instructions fall on deaf ears, I hope you understand
that many good-willing people are beginning lose their patience.

Christoph