[scribus] putting Scribus on a CD

Fritz Eichelhardt f.eichelhardt at web.de
Thu Apr 16 23:21:25 CEST 2009

> Subject: [scribus] putting Scribus on a CD

> 1. Is it possible for me to download from Sourceforge and put it on a CD
> for her? Will that work?

sure, that's what i do all the time.

> 2. Is it possible to run Scribus from a CD? This might allow her to use
> it at work, where the computers won't allow users to install software.

probably not, but ......

a (german) computer magazin published a dvd with a basic software equipment
including
scribus 1.3.3.12          and
scribus (portable) 1.3.3.12

the latter version you can install on a memory stick.
i don't know anything about language dependencies etc., so you have to find
out.
tell me, if you want it and i'll send it to you next week (being on the road
for a couple of days).

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Fritz Eichelhardt