[scribus] Scribus1.3.5 on F11.

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 18 14:52:37 CEST 2009

Roger wrote:
> > > Yes it will be. Our mrdocs a.k.a. Peter Linnell provides excellent
> packages for
> > > Suse and Fedora in addition to what those distros put out themselves.
> > >
> As far as Fedora goes, they are *not* supplying appropriate versions.
> They completely abandoned the 1.3.3.x series some time ago, and were
> unhelpful when I suggested this was a mistake. Fedora 10 came with a
> somewhat dated 1.3.5svn.
> So if you have any recent Fedora, mrdocs is your best source.
>
> Can you send me the address for downloading the svn please, With the
> update, Ive lost that.
>
> This F11 has a 1.3.5 but it doesnt work so I'll recompile from scratch
> or download the appropriate files
> What's mrdocs?
mrdocs is Peter Linnell, who packages not only Scribus but a number of
other things you may find useful.

If you go to this page:

http://www.scribus.net/?q=taxonomy/term/41

then click on the Download Directory link, you will see a number of
distros that he maintains. As you can see, he doesn't have an F11
category yet, so I presume he'll wait until F11 becomes official (at least).

You might click one of these just to see that this can also be a good
place to get podofo, uniconvertor, and some other things that you won't
get from Fedora's repositories yet.

Greg