[scribus] A New Category on the Wiki

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 00:57:06 CEST 2009

Attention! Attention!

With Maciej's help I have created a new category on the wiki: DESIGN --
see the new box on the front page, below Tips and Tricks.

I think it's time we added this, so that those new to design can learn
from the experienced. If there is anything I hate seeing it is someone
who puts a lot of time and effort into layout, maybe their heart and
soul, and then frankly, it's just bad design. In some cases about all
they can do to fix it is to start all over again.

As you'll see, the category is almost empty. My old article on Avoiding
Design Problems has found a home there, but it needs some friends, some
fellow articles to share the category with.

As many of us know, layout is mainly about managing the white space, so
this might be a starting point for a topic. White space isn't just there
to be filled in, it's a part of guiding the readers' eyes through your
layout, and a big part of the mood you want to promote -- cluttered,
jagged, and edgy, or calming and peaceful, or something else.

We could also use some things about color use in design, color choices,
images and graphical elements, typography - both macro- and
microtypography, and I'm sure many others.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greg