[scribus] Table of Contents-Target Text Box??

wingsgroup techsupport at wingsgroup.org
Thu Apr 23 17:53:33 CEST 2009

Gregory Pittman-3 wrote:

> wingsgroup wrote:
>> I am having trouble creating a table of contents because I can't figure
>> out
>> how to create a "target text box"? I was following this very simple video
>> tutorial
>> (http://linux.hanski.info/static/scribus_promotion/movies/toc/TOC_howto.htm)
>> and I still can't seem to get it. :confused: I tried just creating a text
>> box and selecting it, but that did not seem to work. I got everything
>> else
>> to work...just can't seem to figure out how to create a text box to put
>> it
>> in. I feel like I must be missing something obvious!
>>
> I see that the link to Tsoots' video isn't working.
>
> See if this wiki page might help:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Creating_a_Table_of_Contents
>
> Greg

Thanks...I had looked at this before and it didn't really help. But, I did
finally figure out what the name of my text box was, so I was able to select
it from the pull-down. I still don't know how you go about naming a text box
(like the TOC_FRAME example they give), but at least I got it to work...that
part, anyway. I never could figure out why the numbers were funky. Some of
them didn't show up. I went back and made sure all the check-boxes were
marked as "shown", but still the last three decided not to show up. I just
typed them in manually and tried to fix the spacing as much as possible. It
works enough for a proof. Maybe I can mess with it again later when I have
time.