[scribus] Scribus 1.3.3.13 crashes with signal 13

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Apr 23 21:45:42 CEST 2009

On Thursday 23 April 2009 02:45:11 pm John Culleton wrote:
> Just downloaded 1.3.3.13.  I:
> Bunzipped
> cmake .
> make
> make install
> and just got the usual spate of warning messages.
>
> But when I run Scribus it blows up on the splash screen,
> just after a message about "fonts" apparently.  Just
> prior to this 1.3.3.12 was running fine.  It just tells
> me that it blew up on Sig 11.  I tried rebooting the
> system but no help there.
>
> I can reinstall 1.3.3.12 possibly but I wonder if this is
> a known problem?
>
> Linux Slackware 12.2

Followon to the above: I killed the folder ./scribus in my
home folder and recompiled/reinstalled 1.3.3.12. The only
glitch is that all the items in "Extras" are doubled up.
Where is this listing stored?

BTW even after killing ./scribus 1.3.3.13 blows up on the
splash screen as before. It was downloaded today and is I
assume now "stable" at least officially.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters