[scribus] compose keys bug finally solved in the new versions

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 19:15:04 CEST 2009

Gregory Pittman said the following at 04/26/2009 10:42 AM :
> Markus W. Barth wrote:
>> with the new versions soon to be out, is there any chance that *** compose key
>> bugs for accented characters is solved? If you google a bit around you will
>> find a _lot_ of complaints of french, spanish, portuguese and brasilian users
>> about that problem and I am afraid all those users (or possible users) get a
>> bit tired of ubuntu saying its a scribus problems, scribus saying its a qt
>> problem, trolltech saying its an ubuntu problem (fill in here yourself all
>> the possible combinations of shifting the problem between those three).
>>
> All I can say is that I'm using a Compose key on Fedora 9 and 10 on
> various computers without problems.

I use the heavily-warned-against-here 1.3.4-based scribus-ng package on
Kubuntu intrepid (also heavily-warned-against-here), and accents and
characters created with the compose key seem to work just fine.

Is there a particular bug you have in mind? I tried a few things and they
all seemed to work.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR