[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 13, Issue 51

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 15:02:53 CEST 2009

Markus W. Barth wrote:
> The solution to run scribus in its default language doesn't work for me.
> Instead of answering myself (again - I have already described the problem in
> earlier occasions), I' ll just post links to comments about the prob - this
> may probably give more detailed information about the problem (and its
> extents). By the way, I had exactly the same problem with scribus on suse
> before i switched to ubuntu and I have also tried the scribus-ng package with
> 1.3.5 from the repositories, having exactly the same problem.
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-es/2008-July/030966.html
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-es/2008-May/029876.html
> http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/2005-May/013494.html
> http://llistes.cpl.upc.edu/pipermail/ubuntucat-info/2008-February/009201.html
> http://llistes.cpl.upc.edu/pipermail/ubuntucat-info/2008-February/009227.html
> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user-catalan@lists.debian.org/msg06967.html
> http://llistes.softcatala.org/pipermail/linux/2007-May/000005.html
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/scribus/+bug/177805

One question is how you have set up your Compose key. I set mine up with
KDE, in System Settings > Regional & Language. I enabled keyboard
layouts to go to Advanced, and set the Compose key there (left Win key
on my keyboards).
There are probably ways in Xmodmap to set up a Compose key also. You
might have to try different ways, different keys to see if you can get
one to work.

Greg