[scribus] Approx 1.3.5 stable date?

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Wed Apr 29 17:48:20 CEST 2009

>>> 1.4.. stable
>>> 1.3.5, 1.3.6... etc will be development releases.
>>>

>> Ok...??? So, before any 1.4 will appear, there will be 1.3.5.,
>> 1.3.6, 1.3.7...? And will those be "stable" in the sense of
>> 1.3.3.xx or just for testing purposes?
> No, I think this is what Craig is saying -- these will all be
> considered development versions. When 1.4 is finally released, it
> will be the "new" stable.

Current discussions (NOT PLANS) are to do something like this:

- Release 1.3.5
- Branch SVN and then:
- Stablise one branch of the code to release 1.4.0
- At the same time, continue development and release what was going to
be 1.3.6 as 1.5.0

This should fix the versioning and allow us to drop 1.3.3.x and Qt3 etc.

Hopefully we will decide what to do at LGM. Whether the above happens,
I am not sure of, or the time frames.

Craig