[scribus] 2 questions: master pages & text flow odd/even pages

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Sat Aug 8 22:29:36 CEST 2009

a.i.e wrote
>i can only speak for the comparison with inkscape:
>
>- scribus has better printing oriented features (it does better pdfs)
>- it has a better text handling
>- (much) better handling of multipages documents.
>
>all in all, i think that the choice will depend on the type of
>document you will create and its content (and of personal
>preference).

   Thanks for this information. As I mentioned, I know next to nothing
about Inkscape. It is good to know that it is not yet ready to handle
much text and that the printing still needs improvement. In my
original questions, I was specifically asking why John Culleton
prefers Scribus over whatever other options he has for cover design.
 From my point of view, poor handling of multipage documents (a trait
shared by other applications based on the drawing-board model, such
as Illustrator and Freehand) is not relevant in that situation. My
reason for asking is that I would find it very cumbersome to do that
particular type of work in Quark or InDesign.

Best,
John