[scribus] Kerning redux

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Aug 21 14:06:59 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 19 August 2009 10:51:13 John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:30:36 +0200
>
> Peter Nermander <peter at nermander.se> dijo:
> > > Open a new document and create a text frame. Open the Story
> > > Editor and type a word of half a dozen characters or more.
> > > Select two of the characters in the middle of the word. Apply
> > > kerning, say -10%.
> >
> > Why do you select two characters? What you want to kern is the
> > space between them, so just put the cursor between to two
> > characters. No need to select them.
>
> If I do that it kerns nothing.

If I select a single character then I can increase/decrease the space
between it and the previous one.      If I select a string of
characters then each is treated the same as a single character; the
previous space is increased or decreased.

Scribus is not Photoshop, or InDesign, or whatever. Scribus is
Scribus.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters