[scribus] Linux Distro 4 Scribus + 1.7GHz Celeron 256MB RAM

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 16:26:28 CEST 2009

Your request/question is internally at odds with itself.

Lightweight distro for old machine, low memory?

But, you also want to run Scribus, Gimp, *Blender*???

Any distro will suffice, imo, with that machine, as long as you are
prepared for a littlle bit of waiting. It is one thing to ask for a
lightweight distro that you're doing some simple word processing and
email on, but, well, I hope you see my point.

seeya

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 7:57 PM, Asif Lodhi<asif.lodhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list users,
>
> I have a system with 1.7GHz Celeron processor and 256MB RAM. Most
> current distros are too heavy. Can you recommend any distro that is
> light and fast and that can be used to run Scribus, Gimp, Inkscape,
> Blender, etc?
<snip!>

--
JDS