[scribus] Best Linux distro for Scribus

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 08:08:21 CET 2009

Oops, I said I wasn't going to comment on this thread anymore, but I
am anyway. On accident, ok?

This "isn't any drivers" comment is nonsensical. Perhaps your Linux
distro does not have the appropriate drivers easily available? KDE is
a layer way up high above where the device drivers live, and isn't
relevant in a discussion on drivers. Unless I'm missing something
here...

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Richard <eyelagui at adinet.com.uy> wrote:
> The mistake is not kde4, is the use of it before it came to stable and the
> ammount of changes upcoming.
> Also, it requires a new approach on kernel and drivers, so much hardware
> that was working on KDE3 is not working on KDE4, the sample is any ATI
> graphics card older than x15XX (or around it) and/OR RS690 chipset.
> Me and a lot of people is being affected by the lack of drivers for that
> chipset and graphics card wich were working and existed on KDE3 but not on
> KDE4.
> I mean, ATI made it's last driver for KDE 3.5 but is not compatible with
> KDE4.
> So if i want a full capable graphics card i have to keep on KDE 3 AND i cant
> use my laptop because THERE IS NOT correct ACPI management for my chipset
> now.
> Anyhow, there is an opensource driver, but again, it was working fine on KDE
> 3.5 but not on KDE 4.
<snip!>

--
JDS